How do you show God you love Him?
5.18.15 How do you let God know you love Him?
1. The first way is by singing to him.
You've probably already noticed in life that music and love go together: That's because music moves our hearts, and it comes from the heart. It's not something intellectual as much as it is emotional. There are thousands and thousands of love songs. Did you know that more songs have been written about Jesus Christ than any other topic in the world? Christianity is a singing faith. It's a singing faith because Christianity isn't about religion. It's about love. It's about the God who loves you so much that He sent His Son to die for you, and He wants you to love Him back. What more meaningful way could there be to express that love than in song?
Psalm 147:7 Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving;
Sing praises on the harp to our God,
2. The second way you can express love to God is. By TALKING with Him.
Deep communications helps our relationship grow. And when we don't communicate well, our relationship suffers. Because a relationship never stands still. It's either growing or decaying. The same is true with God. On the days when you have deep, significant talk with God your relationship grows. On the days when you have very little or no communications with God your relationship decays. Talk to God with prayers of praise; and intercession; confession of where you made mistakes; searching; looking for comfort; and prayers of thanksgiving when you see signs of God in your day.
3. A third way you can express your love to God is by LISTENING to Him.
Listening is one of the greatest gifts you can give to somebody. When you actively listen to somebody (meaning that you aren't just letting them talk, but you are focusing on them), you're saying, You matter to me. I value what you have to say. The same is true with God. When you listen for God you're saying, God, You matter to me. I value what You have to say. Prayer is not just about talking to God. It's also about being quiet and letting God speak to us. Usually we're in too much of a hurry. One of the most important steps you can take in listening to God is to set aside time for Him. Maybe the reason some of us can't hear God is that our lives are so full and so noisy, that there isn't room for God.
There are lots of ways God speak to us. The obvious one is the Bible: God's Word. I believe this Book was inspired by God, and it is one of the key ways He chooses to speak to us.
God speaks to us through the experiences we go through in life.
God speaks to us through trials: they tend to get our attention more than ordinary experiences.
God speaks to us through other people, through the advice we get from godly people.
God speaks to us through impressions. They can be the Holy Spirit working in us. But we need to find out if an impression is from God or not, so we aren't misled. The Bible says that we need to test our impressions, to get confirmation.
4. The fourth way you can express your love to God is by PUBLICLY IDENTIFYING with Him.
Expressing your love for God means not being ashamed of Him at work, at home, and in your neighborhood. Jesus said it like this Mark 8:38 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”
1. He saved us from the effects of being separated from God (by sin). Everything you've ever done wrong was paid for on the cross so you are forgiven by God, and adopted by Him.
2. Jesus saves us from the power of sin. He breaks the grip it would otherwise have on us. He gives us the power to be able to make changes. He empowers us to change things in our life we never thought we could change.
3. Jesus promises us life in heaven where there will be no sin, no sorrow, no suffering, no pain, and no grief.
5. The fifth way to express love to God is by BEING COMMITTED to Him.
2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars.”
There are five things we can do to show our commitment to God.
1. Give your life to Jesus Christ.
2. Commit your life to God's family, the body of Christ, by joining a church family.
3. Choose to grow spiritually and become more and more like Jesus Christ in your character.
4. Use your talents and gifts to help others. This is ministry.
5. Share the good news with other people and fulfill the mission and purpose God put you on this earth to do.
6. Finally the sixth way you can tell God you love Him is by GIVING to Him.
2 Corinthians 8 Just as you excel in faith, in speech, in knowledge, and in complete earnestness, see that you also excel in the grace of giving. I am not commanding you but I want to test the sincerity of your love.
There are basically two kinds of people who give cheerful givers and fearful givers.
Cheerful givers say, I'm going to give back to God from what He has given me. It all belongs to Him anyway. I wouldn't have anything without God so I'm going to give back to Him and rely on Him to take care of all my needs.
God I come to you asking that you give me the desire to practice more of these so that I can show you that I love you. I know I fail you with so much but I know you love me. I want to tell you I'm sorry for the ways I fail you and I will strive to do better. God please be with my facebook friends and family and know that I love you. I ask these things in Jesus Name Amen.